Friday, September 26, 2008

College! from Owen

I guess it's my turn to tell everyone how I'm doing.

Hi guys,

I've been super busy all of the time I've been here with Talisman stuff. We performed a ton the first week for new freshmen, trying to get them interested in the group. It's been very interesting being on the other side of where I was last year, and seeing all the work and preparation that goes into NSO for all the groups. In return for moving in early for free, I had to help move freshmen in. That was fun, because I got to meet and greet people from all over that are just as excited to be at Stanford as I was.



Auditions are going well, I was up super late last night/this morning deciding who to call back. Lyn, after quitting Harmonics in the spring, has auditioned for Talisman and is getting called back, which I am super excited about. Tomorrow we have callbacks and then spend all night deciding who our group will be this year. I am assistant director this year, which I am excited but also nervous about.
Classes are going to be challenging this quarter I think. I am just taking Econ 1A(micro), Bio41, which is genetics and molecular and the beginning of the bio core, and Chinese 1. I am enjoying Chinese so far, and although I'm sure it will get much harder, my roommate Bob is in it as well and I have a small class with a nice professor.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll try to call sometime soon, but I am still really really busy!!
Love,
Owen

No comments: