
Hi family,
I am settling in here at school. Living in EBF again, but on the 2nd floor. I am mostly moved in and actually seem to have a reasonable amount of storage space for all my stuff...which has never happened before. I did try to buy what was advertised as a 'full size' mattress off someone else in the house, but in fact it's at least a queen as is GIGANTIC...so I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to incorporate that.
In terms of classes, I think that I'm just going to use this quarter to finish all my boring undergraduate requirements-statistics and CS105 to satisfy my engineering GER. I really didn't want to take CS because it's supposedly super boring and teaches you things like what a monitor is...but ALL my friends are taking it this quarter, 1 is TAing it, and I need to just get it over with. Especially because there aren't really any good African Studies courses offered at times I can take them. Maybe I'll learn some HTML or something. I'm also taking Swahili and this African Studies required course that apparently has like 400 pages of reading a week...I have my first class today so we'll see how that goes. Basically, this quarter might not be the most intellectually stimulating, but we'll see.
Soccer tryouts start Friday. It's really nice to finally have passed off the responsibility to new girls, and they seem like they're doing a great job. We have (another) new coach, and they're making everyone try out, so maybe we'll be able to cut some of the weaker links...
It's really great seeing friends again. Everyone seems like they're pretty happy and on track, and incredulous that we're SENIORS.
I've emailed a couple professors to see if I can get involved in their research (one pediatric oncology, one psychiatry doing PTSD stuff, possibly with the reconciliation process in Rwanda). I decided not to do the physician shadowing thing, parents, because it didn't really fit my schedule. Soo maybe in the next week or so once I nail down my schedule we can email Steve?
That's pretty much all the news here. I'm definitely back in the thick of things. Hope everyone is doing well-miss you!
Love,
Rhi
No comments:
Post a Comment